Monday, February 18, 2008

Home advantage

I've been chewing my finger nails and generally annoying work colleagues all morning, but now I'm out of my misery - home against West Brom in the Quarter Finals.

Prayers to the Almighty said yesterday at Durham Cathedral clearly had some effect, as the best Rovers could hope for was a home tie. With their reputation as the best footballing side in the division, however, I'm sure West Brom will show a stack more resistance than woeful Southampton did on Saturday. Still, we can keep on dreaming!

4 comments:

Aeres said...

Sheffield United fan here, desperately hoping we can get past Boro as we would really fancy our chances at home to Cardiff.

West Brom are the best side on paper in the Championship by a mile Nick but I wouldn't lose heart as they're notoriously inconsistent (although this appears to be afflicting everybody in that division this year).

See you at Wembley for the final in May!

Darlington Councillor said...

Good luck, Aeres - we can both keep on dreaming (for the time being)!!

Anonymous said...

Alan Macnab writes...

Sorry Aeres I think Boro just might shade it in the replay 1-0. Can't see them scoring more though.

I've a feeling it's going to be another Man Utd v Chelsea final. Although I would like to see the smaller teams in the final - Middlesbrough v Portsmouth would do nicely.

Anonymous said...

Alan Macnab writes....

If Portsmouth win the cup they will probably won't know what to do with it.

Last time Portsmouth won the cup they buried it in a farmer's field. Good job they remembered where they buried it.