Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Floury Baps

Two curious food-related snippets from page 15 of today’s Telegraph.

Firstly, “the celebrity chef Gary Rhodes has questioned the culinary talents of rival television cook Nigella Lawson, suggesting that her fans prefer her smile to her cooking.”
Her smile Gary?!

And then there’s a large picture of Heather Mills McCartney at Speakers’ Corner telling the world that we must seek out alternatives to cows’ milk to combat global warming. “There are many other kinds of milk available. Why don’t we try drinking rats’ milk and dogs’ milk?”

Why not indeed? I would imagine that milking a rat would be quite a fiddly business. That’s once you’ve found a bucket and milking stool small enough. And overcome the revulsion of the public. I do hope that Heather is getting better legal advice in her divorce from Sir Paul than she is from her nutritionists...

3 comments:

ian holme said...

mmmmmmmmmm floury baps........

miketually said...

Dina Byrnes: I had no idea you could milk a cat.
Greg Focker: Oh yeah, you can milk anything with nipples.
Jack Byrnes: I have nipples Greg. Could you milk me?

Darlington Councillor said...

I remembered "floury baps" from 'Gimme, Gimme, Gimme' by the way. Lynda was recalling posing for a men's magazine, and the dialogue went something like

Lynda: My dad loved those pictures - he couldn't get enough of my floury baps!

(Outraged/disgusted look from Tom)

Lynda: It was set in a bakery!!