Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Appeal


There's not much I can add to this picture - the banner is up on one of the bungalows on Whinfield Road. The story was covered in the Northern Echo earlier this month. 4-year old Riley suffers from chronic granlomatus disorder (CGD), a condition which affects his body's ability to fight infection and which will force him to spend a life in and out of hospital if a match cannot be found.

Unfortunately it would appear I'm (just) too old to take part, but if you're aged between 18 and 40, in good health and weigh more than 8 stone, you can be tested to see if you make a match. The donor clinic will take place at Whinfield Primary School in Augusta Close on Wednesday June 6 from 4pm to 7pm.
For more information on how to register as a donor, log on to www.anthonynolan.org.uk or call 020-7284-1234.

5 comments:

Mark Burton said...

I’m already a donor to the cause. I’ve been on the register for 7 years and once came close to being a match. I do hope a donor can be found soon.

ian white, townliar.com said...

Nick, like you Im to old and on too much medication, this even stops me being a blood donor because of the drugs!

However I do hope this young man finds someone to help him, I offer him and his family my best wishes and good luck.

Captain Democracy said...

I would be interested to help this little boy. What does it entail to be a donor?

Anonymous said...

TRUTHSEEKER SAID
why is it people over 40 cannot be a donor, i would love to help this little boy but age determines over wise, i send him all my good wishes and hopes for a speedy recovery.

Darlington Councillor said...

I feel as you do, Truth Seeker. I can only suggest that if you do meet the criteria, then go to the Anthony Nolan website (link on the post) which gives details on how to become a potential donor. Otherwise, give the mobile number a ring (again it's on the picture) to see what specifically to do in this matter.

If you are (fractionally) past it, like me and Truth Seeker, then why persuade friends and family who are eligible to take part.